top of page
As a professional teacher:
Adelita taught contemporary and contemporary jazz in NYC's most prestigious dance centers, including Peridance Capezio Center, Steps on Broadway, Broadway Dance Center and Dance New Amsterdam.
Adelita's warm-up focuses on creating intricate awareness of the body to increase the dancer's strength, coordination, focus & spatial awareness. She incorporates her knowledge of nursing and The Sugano System to guide students in understanding proper body alignment and body mechanics with a goal to decrease the risk of injuries. The warm-up begins with awareness of breath and its connection to body movement. It continues with special attention to the hips, abdominal core and connection our feet with the floor. All play a crucial role in mastering transitions.
Choreography allows the student to practice connecting the body with sound and music as if the body were its own musical instrument, giving the dancer an opportunity to tap into her/his own expression of creativity.
Special Lecture Class Topics:
* Anatomy for Dancers
* Healthy Eating for Dancers
* A Successful Failure
Professional Studio Experience:
* Cecilia Marta Dance Company - rehearsal assistant, rehearsal director
* Joffrey Ballet School/Jazz & Contemporary Staff - NYC Summer Intensive (Contemporary Latin Jazz)
* Broadway Dance Center - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Jazz, Latin- Jazz)
* Peridance Capezio Center - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Contemporary, Jazz, Latin-Jazz)
* Steps On Broadway - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Contemporary, Jazz, Latin-Jazz)
* Complexions Contemporary Ballet Winter Intensive - teaching assistant for Max Stone
* Booker T. Washington Performing Arts High School (Dallas, TX) - teaching assistant for Max Stone
* The University of North Texas (Denton, TX) - guest teacher
* International Conservatory of Performing Arts (Plano, TX) - extended guest teacher and lecturer
* Dallas Conservatory (Dallas, TX) - guest teacher, substitute
Contact : AdelitaDance@gmail.com
bottom of page