Adelita taught contemporary and contemporary jazz in NYC's most prestigious dance centers, including Peridance Capezio Center, Steps on Broadway, Broadway Dance Center and Dance New Amsterdam.
Adelita's warm-up focuses on creating intricate awareness of the body to increase the dancer's strength, coordination, focus & spatial awareness. She incorporates her knowledge in nursing to guide students in understanding proper body alignment and body mechanics in the hopes of decreasing risk of injuries. The warm-up begins with focus on breath and its connection to body movement. It continues with special attention to the abdominal core and the connection of the feet with the floor. All play a crucial role in mastering transitions.
Choreography allows the student to practice connecting the body with sound and music as if the body were its own musical instrument. This gives the dancer an opportunity to tap into her/his own expression of creativity.
Special Lecture Class Topics:
* Anatomy for Dancers
* Healthy Eating for Dancers
* A Successful Failure
Professional Studio Experience:
* Cecilia Marta Dance Company - rehearsal assistant, rehearsal director
* Joffrey Ballet School/Jazz & Contemporary Staff - NYC Summer Intensive (Contemporary Latin Jazz)
* Broadway Dance Center - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Jazz, Latin- Jazz)
* Peridance Capezio Center - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Contemporary, Jazz, Latin-Jazz)
* Steps On Broadway - teaching assistant for Cecilia Marta; frequent substitute (Contemporary, Jazz, Latin-Jazz)
* Complexions Contemporary Ballet Winter Intensive - teaching assistant for Max Stone
* Booker T. Washington Performing Arts High School (Dallas, TX) - teaching assistant for Max Stone
* The University of North Texas (Denton, TX) - guest teacher
* International Conservatory of Performing Arts (Plano, TX) - extended guest teacher and lecturer
* Dallas Conservatory (Dallas, TX) - guest teacher, substitute
PRIVATE LESSONS AVAILABLE! CONTACT ADELITA RIGHT AWAY!!